Okay, yet another year gone by. I seem to have become an expert at all these year ending posts. Also, considering that I have hardly been writing anything in the past. Perhaps the zeal of writing is suspended for the time being. Nevertheless I feel like posting some of the Highs and Lows of this year as well. The hits and the misses. The lessons learnt and unlearnt. And with a vivid certainty, that no matter what happens, life continues to move on. Teaching us things on the way. In this way we all learn.
Some of my plus points for this year were:
1. The Europe Trip- My first ever international trip. And it was definitely worth it. A big thanks to my colleague Sovan, for coming along. Overall, it was definitely an enriching experience and an eye opener for me. I would definitely like to come back here soon in future.
2. Change in Work Profile- This was something I was desiring for a while, due to my lack of satisfaction in my previous role. And I am glad that I managed to get a transfer. I complete 2.5 years of work experience, and overall, I am not quite satisfied with the corporate life I have led so far.
3. Resumed the habit of Reading- I admit, in between I had given up my biggest passion- Reading. But I managed to get back to it, and purchased several books in different categories. I have also gone back to reading more of fiction. And I am glad to say that I am reading quite a lot these days. Books never betray.
4. Cycling- Finally, a checklist tick marked. I purchased a new bicycle, Firefox brand. And I do admit, it is definitely fun to cycle around, admiring the scenery around, and trying to be a bit close to nature. It keeps you fit as well. And am glad to say that even though being an amateur, I managed to consistently cycle 20+ kms in one trip. Even though am only getting time for this on weekends.
5. Japanese- I took the JLPT N5 exam, and unfortunately could not clear it. But am looking forward to taking it again. I need to give a bit more effort for this language, as Japan has always been my passion. Am looking forward to planning a Japan trip as well, in 2016.
6. Travelling to some new places such as Lucknow and Hyderabad this year, and looking forward to more next year.
7. Saw a lot of good movies, and played some decent video games, 2 of my major loves. Also saw some decent tv shows. While Avengers 2 might have disappointed a bit, Star Wars Episode 7 made up for it, and Bollywood too gave us some good shows in Badlapur, Talwar, Brothers, etc. Metal Gear Solid 5 was the biggest news in 2015, when it comes to gaming. True Detective season 2 did not live up to the mark, but Narcos was a pretty good discovery. Game of Thrones is going strong as usual. And I finally completed Breaking Bad(which I had started way back in July 2013). Also began with Suits, and am 4 seasons down. I also managed to see some good plays and Stand up comedies. A walk in the woods, starring Naseeruddin Shah and Rajat Kapoor was pretty good, and so was Anupam Kher’s ‘Mera Who matlab nahi tha.’ Saw some good performances of East India Comedy as well.
Some of the not so positive points are as follows:
1. Inconsistency with gymming/exercising:
I admit, I failed miserably when it came to go to the gym consistently, or sticking to a fitness regime. As a result, I have become grossly overweight, with a big protruding belly which everyone seems to enjoy making fun off, and gorging on junk. This HAS to change.
2. Failure with the Keyboard:
I tried to take some lessons, enrolled in Keyboard classes, but lost interest after a month, and it didn’t quite work out. The keyboard has been gathering dust ever since. The same goes for my telescope, incidentally. Though I have managed to see Jupiter and Saturn through it.
3. Yet to do some voluntary work, with an NGO or otherwise, as had planned earlier. Need to execute this in action soon.
4. Yet to learn a proper sport, such as tennis or squash. This has also been procrastinated due to one reason or another.
5. Again faced a heartbreak this year, and honestly am fed up of the same by now. Sometimes I wonder if it is even worth to fall in love with someone, knowing full well it wont get reciprocated. The feeling really sucks, to say the least.
6. Kind of lack planning when it comes to career goals. I admit I am extremely confused, and I overthink without any consequence or result.
7. Lack of social life, and inability to make new friends- I guess I have hardly made any new friends in the lasts few years, and at max, I just hang out with few of my colleagues, that too rarely. I guess my introvert nature, and apprehension at mixing up with strangers, has proved to be too costly. There are times when I feel extremely lonely, and yet have nobody to go to or speak to. That really makes me feel bad.
Anyways, with all the highs and the lows, I am hoping life is shaping out for the better. The future is uncertain, and as uncertain as it can be. I have no idea what is going to happen, good or bad. But what I have learnt is that we should appreciate all the small things in life, as ultimately, that’s what life is all about. There is no ultimate truth or discovery which we might believe we are pursuing. I guess we all have to learn to remain satisfied in that.
P.S.- I have heard about the new anime on Uchiha Itachi to be released in 2016. Really looking forward to that.